Book this cottage | Check when this cottage is available | Prices for this cottage| View our other cottages
Gorgeous Coastal Cottage in the Seaside Village of Newton by the Sea in Northumberland
Family sized and dog friendly, Leaholme Cottage is furnished and equipped to a luxury 5 Star standard, so is perfect for discerning guests who wish to stay near the beach on the Northumberland coast without compromising on quality.
Sleeping up to 8 in 4 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms, this lovely cottage has open fires as well as full central heating and a south-facing enclosed garden, so is perfect for a break at any time of the year. Please note however that there is a restriction on occupancy in that there is a maximum of 6 adults and 2 children permitted (not 8 adults).
It has the added attraction of being just 100yds from one of the best pubs in the area; The Joiners Arms and also half a mile away at the beach, the famous 'Ship Inn'. Both serve excellent quality meals with locally caught seafood and locally grown produce.
Free Wi-fi broadband. Up to two well behaved pets welcome, with beds provided for them. Awarded 5 Stars by Visit England.
Accessed from the spacious hallway, the lounge is bright and comfortable with an open fire in an elegant, original fireplace. A large bay window provides an open view of the pretty village. A large 'Smart' TV with DVD player is provided, providing plenty of digital channels and internet access. There is a good selection of books, films and games for a wide range of ages and tastes, as well as an Xbox Kinect games console.
There is free Wi-Fi broadband internet access throughout the cottage and a telephone for incoming calls (outgoing by easy card payment).
The spacious dining room has a dining table and chairs seating 8 comfortably and a large bay window overlooking the pretty village with its grassed open areas. There is a wall-mounted flat screen 'Smart' TV with digital channels, internet access and DVD player.
The kitchen has a range of solid oak units in a warm country style, and a range-style cooker. All of the usual appliances are provided, including fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, toaster and coffee maker. Compact Hi-Fi with iPod docking station. There is a glazed door leading directly out onto a furnished deck, perfect for breakfast, being south-east facing.
Accessed directly from the side entrance doorway, a very useful and spacious room that links in to the kitchen. This room contains a washer/dryer and is ideal for dogs to sleep in as it's warm whilst being separate from the main living areas. Two dog beds and fleece blankets are provided, if required. There is also a second fridge in this room, which is ideal for beer, wine and soft drinks.
Ground Floor Shower Room and WC
Containing a walk-in shower, WC and wash handbasin.
Bedroom 1 - Master Bedroom
A lovely, spacious room with plenty of natural light and a view over the front garden and the peaceful village beyond. Kingsize bed with luxury pocket-sprung mattress, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space.
Bedroom 2 - Double Bedroom
Another spacious room overlooking the front garden and the peaceful village beyond. Kingsize bed with luxury pocket-sprung mattress. Plenty of wardrobe and drawer space.
Bedroom 3 - Twin Single Beds
A spacious and attractive bedroom, spacious with twin single beds, a wardrobe and chest of drawers and a lovely view looking out over the fields towards the sea. There is a childrens 'Dressing-up Box' available for smaller children, please request this via our booking form or contact us direct to request it.
Bedroom 4 - Twin Single Beds
A pretty bedroom, spacious with twin single beds, plenty of storage and a lovely view looking out over the fields towards the sea. Please note that there is a maximum occupancy restriction at this cottage of 6 adults and 2 children.
A large country-style bathroom, beautifully fitted with a freestanding clawfoot bath with shower over, wash hand basin and WC. Open view to the rear looking towards the sea.
To the side of the house is a driveway large enough for 2 or 3 cars, with further parking available on the roadside in front of the cottage. A pretty cottage garden is to the front of the cottage and to the rear there is an attractive and spacious walled garden, which is enclosed, with a decked patio area containing a table and chairs for enjoying the sun. There is a fabulous 'Treehouse' play feature for younger children to enjoy.
- Quiet village location on the Northumberland coast, near to the beach
- Spacious, detached cottage with a private garden and driveway
- Sleeps up to 8 in 4 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms (maximum occupancy 6 adults and 2 children)
- Real open fireplaces in both the lounge and dining rooms, with full oil fired central heating via radiators throughout the cottage
- Private south-east facing walled and enclosed garden with fabulous 'Treehouse' play feature for children
- Large 'Smart' TV's in the lounge and dining room, providing a wide range of digital channels and internet access.
- Library of books, DVD’s, CD’s and games for a range of ages, including an Xbox Kinect games console.
- Childrens 'Dressing-up Box' available upon request
- Welcome pack provided, including fresh flowers and wine
- Well equipped kitchen, inc fridge/freezer and microwave
- Electric range oven with ceramic hob
- Washer/dryer in separate utility room
- Ironing board, iron and vacuum
- Luxury complimentary toiletries provided
- All luxury bed linen and house towels supplied (please bring own beach towels and cot linen)
- Highchair, cot and stair gate available upon request
- Free Wi-Fi broadband internet access
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs welcome @ £20 each
- Full central heating and open fires (initial supply of logs provided from November to April)
- Key safe for flexible arrival time
There is private parking for up to 3 cars on either the private driveway or the roadside immediately adjacent to the cottage.
Leaholme Cottage has been assessed by VisitEngland and awarded 5 Stars.
Where exactly is Leaholme Cottage?
Leaholme Cottage is situated in the quiet and picturesque village of Newton-by-the-Sea, which is less than 1/2 mile from the sandy beach at Low Newton-by-the-Sea. Click HERE to view the exact location on Google Maps. You can zoom out to see how central it is to the whole of Northumberland, so it's a perfect base for exploring the coast and countryside from. With 2 of the best pubs in Northumberland, serving great food within easy walking distance, you can park up the car and forget it if you wanted to!
Click here to view feedback provided by our recent guests.
Click here to view and print an Access Statement for Leaholme Cottage. This is a written description of our facilities and services to provide information on accessibility and inform people who may have access needs. A range of information is provided, from car parking provision to bathrooms.
Need this information in printed form?
Click here for a printable brochure on Leaholme Cottage.
1. The open fires are there for ambience rather than the main source of heating in the cottage. A basket of logs or coal will be provided for holidays between November and April only. If you require further supplies, they can be purchased locally.
2. There is a maximum occupancy restriction at this cottage of 6 adults and 2 children.
If you have any queries regarding Leaholme Cottage, please call us on 01665 710 700 or email anytime.