- 5 Star
Relax on the Riverbank in this Boutique-style Bolthole
Lane End Cottage is a sensitively restored 19th century cottage, recently completely refurbished, and is located next to the riverbank with river views from most of the windows. An abundance of wildlife can be seen from the cottage or from a seat on the riverbank next to the cottage. Seals, herons, foxes, swans and ducks, salmon leaping, returning terns and swallows can be seen. Many of our guests take a bottle of wine and glasses and sit on the riverbank just outside the cottage on balmy summer evenings. Beautifully furnished and very well equipped.
Lane End Cottage has not only been awarded a 5 Star rating by VisitBritain but also a prestigious Gold Award. Sleeping 2 it can also accommodate a cot, if required. Up to 2 well behaved dogs are welcome for a small additional charge of £20 each and a small ‘welcome pack’ is provided for them as well as their owners. Complimentary luxury bathrobes are available for your use at this cottage, upon request. Free wi-fi.
“Our second time in Coquet Cottages – first time in Lane End. We have enjoyed it so much, we nearly took up squatters rights! Thank you Julie for such a lovely, comfortable, clean cottage to spend a week in. The decor is great and we LOVE the sofa! Thank you for the wine and the cake – scrumptious! Hope to stay again before too long.”
Click HERE to see what our other guests said about their stay at Lane End Cottage.
Entrance hall. Spacious and cosy lounge with wood burning stove in original sandstone inglenook fireplace. There is a dining area with oak suite that seats up to 4 people and the lounge has lovely river views. Large flatscreen TV with Netflix film and series library, DVD, hi-fi with iPod docking point, library of books and CD’s. PlayStation 2 with games.
The kitchen has all of the usual appliances you would expect, such as a fan-assisted oven, ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher, Large fridge freezer, washer/dryer, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle and toaster.
This bright and spacious room has beautiful river views, a king size (5′) bed with luxury pocket-sprung mattress and luxury bed linen, flat screen TV with Freeview and DVD and a feature stone fireplace for that homely cottage feel. Cot available upon request.
There is a large bathroom with a lovely river and countryside view, bath with power shower over, basin and WC. Luxury bathrobes are available for your complimentary use, upon request.
Parking is available immediately adjacent to the cottage in an area reserved for ‘residents only’. As a space cannot be guaranteed at all times, there are further parking bays just yards away as an alternative. There are no parking charges in Warkworth.
- Quiet yet central village location, right on the riverbank with beautiful river views
- Warkworth Beach – 3/4 mile walk or drive
- Wood burning stove (initial supply of logs provided Oct-Apr) and full gas central heating
- Large flatscreen TV with Netflix film and series library and DVD player
- TV and DVD player in the bedroom
- Hi-f with iPod docking station
- PlayStation 2 with games
- Library of books, DVD’s and CD’s
- Welcome pack, including fresh flowers
- Well equipped kitchen with all the usual appliances including washer/dryer and dishwasher
- Cot, highchair and stair gate available upon request
- Top quality pocket sprung mattress, luxury bed linen and towels provided
- Complimentary use of luxury bathrobes (upon request)
- Complimentary luxury Penhaligan’s toiletries
- Dog sitting service upon request (small charge)
- Ironing board, iron and vacuum
- Free wi-fi
- Up to two well-behaved dogs welcome for £20 each
- Luxury dog beds available to hire
- Parking next to the cottage
- Area to sit out on the riverbank next to the cottage
1. Lane End Cottage has full central heating and is well insulated, warm and cosy. The log burning stove is provided for ambience rather than the main source of heating in the cottage. A basket of logs will be provided for the wood burning stove only for holidays taken between October and April. Further supplies can be ordered and paid for in advance (see option on booking form), or can be bought locally once you arrive. Alternatively we can make arrangements for a local supplier to deliver to the cottage on a cash-on-delivery basis.
2. Please note that we offer the use of luxury bathrobes on a complimentary basis at Lane End Cottage but you need to request them, they will not be provided unless requested. There is no charge. Please indicate if you require them in the space provided on our online booking form or contact us direct.
Here is a floor plan of Lane End Cottage, it’s not perfectly to scale but provided to give you an idea of the layout. To see an interactive version of this floor plan, with additional photos of each part of the cottage and a slideshow of those images, click HERE.
Click here to view and print an Access Statement for Lane End Cottage. This is a written description of our facilities and services to provide information on accessibility and inform people who may have access needs. A range of information is provided, from car parking provision to bathrooms.
Lane End Cottage has been assessed by VisitEngland and awarded 5 Stars and a prestigious GOLD AWARD for excellence.
Map Location of Lane End Cottage