- 4 Star
A Gorgeous Country Retreat
Relax, unwind and enjoy the best of what Northumberland has to offer. Percy Cottage is the perfect retreat for couples wishing to visit Northumberland. Situated next door to arguably one of the best small country pubs in the area; The Percy Arms.
We’re so pleased to have this gorgeous cottage join our collection as its location is perfect for exploring North Northumberland. Chatton is a picturesque and unspoilt Northumbrian village nestled between the dramatically beautiful Cheviot Hills and the beautiful Heritage Coastline.
With a well-stocked village store and post office, renowned local art gallery and historic Church and one of the best pubs in Northumberland all within a few yards of the cottage, it also has more local facilities available less than 5 miles away at the nearby quaint villages of Belford and Wooler.
The cottage has retained it’s original features, such as the impressive inglenook fireplace with a wood bu rning stove, with logs provided between October and April. The downstairs is decorated with delicate and neutral hues, combined with many thoughtful touches to make your stay relaxing and comfortable. Intimate for a romantic break away, Percy Cottage also has the added benefit of having all the accommodation laid out on one level. Free wi-fi broadband internet access throughout the cottage and up to 2 well behaved dogs welcome on condition that they are not allowed on the furniture or left unattended for an additional £20 each.
Entrance Hallway leading to:
Open Plan Lounge, Dining Room
Entrance into the cottage is into the lounge/dining room with an inglenook fireplace housing a cosy wood burning stove and underfloor heating, flat screen TV with DVD player, and a mp3 docking station. This room is spacious and benefits from a large, south-facing window letting natural light flood into the room.
A small but well equipped kitchen. All the appliances you should require for your holiday are here, including an electric oven and hob, full size dishwasher, microwave, toaster and electric kettle. Underfloor heating. Please note that there is currently no washing machine, however a laundry service is available upon request for a small extra charge.
The master bedroom is spacious and tranquil. It has a large, south-facing window overlooking the village and underfloor heating.
It has a superking-size bed (6′ wide) which is convertible to 2 single beds upon request, if preferred. There is plenty of storage with a wardrobe and chest of drawers. A blackout blind provides sleep comfort for bright sunny mornings. Luxury bed linen and fluffy towels provided.
The modern and spacious bathroom has a walk-in shower, underfloor heating, WC and wash handbasin.
- Attractive countryside village location, yet close to the coast, castles and quaint villages
- Sleeps up to 2 adults
- Pretty garden with outside seating
- Wood burning stove in an inglenook fireplace – an initial supply of logs is provided between October and April
- Flat screen with a DVD player
- Welcome pack provided, including fresh flowers
- Well equipped kitchen, inc fridge, electric oven, hob and dishwasher
- Ironing board, iron and vacuum (no washing machine, but laundry service available upon request)
- Top quality beds with luxury bed linen & fluffy towels provided
- Complimentary ‘White Company’ toiletries
- Free Wi-Fi broadband internet access
- Bose mp3 docking station in the lounge
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs welcome @ £20 per booking (house rules apply)
- Cot and highchair available upon request
- Underfloor heating throughout the cottage and a wood burning stove for extra ambience
- Key safe for flexible arrival time
- No smoking in the cottage
Parking is available in the car park of The Percy Arms next door to the cottage. There is an agreement in place that the permanent residents park on the roadside in front of the cottage which the owners of Percy Cottage wish to respect. Detailed instructions will be provided with the directions and key collection instructions once the cottage is booked.
Percy Cottage has been graded as 4 Star standard by VisitEngland.
Where exactly is Percy Cottage?