- 5 Star
A Cosy Luxury Cottage with Bundles of Character
Sunny cottage is an exceptionally pretty cottage, extremely cosy yet spacious with bundles of character. We’ve lost track of the number of guests who’ve said they just didn’t want to leave at the end of their holiday! Although it’s central to the village, it’s in a very quiet spot and you can quite often only hear the birdsong and the distant ringing of the church bells.
Awarded 5 Stars in Visit Britain’s ‘Quality in Tourism’ scheme. Sleeps up to 4 in 2 bedrooms. Up to 3 small, well behaved dogs welcome for a small additional charge of £20 each, restricted to the ground floor.
Take a Walk Through this Gorgeous Cottage in 3D
View the cottage in full detail as if you were there. Click the arrow to play, then use your mouse to move around the house, clicking on the circles.
Lounge and Sun Room
Enter the small hall just off the off private courtyard garden, with a cloakroom and door through into the lounge. The cosy lounge with original inglenook fireplace houses a woodburning stove, flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD, Hi-Fi, library of books, videos and CD’s as well as toys and games.
The sun room has seating for 4 people overlooking the private patio garden and is a sun trap all year round – hence the name of the cottage! There is a phone in the sun room for incoming calls only and a PlayStation 2 with games.
The large kitchen/dining room has all the usual appliances such as electric fan-assisted oven, gas hob, microwave, large fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and coffee-maker. There is a farmhouse door out to the furnished patio garden. Cloakroom with WC & hand basin is located just off the entrance hall.
Bright and spacious room with dual aspect windows and a view of the castle. Kingsize iron bedstead with luxury pocket sprung mattress, luxury bed linen and fluffy white towels. TV with DVD player. A cot can be placed in this bedroom upon request. Luxury bathrobes and slippers are available on a complimentary basis for adult guests upon request.
Sunny room with dual aspect windows and a view of the castle. 2 single beds with luxury pocketsprung mattresses. Clock radio/iPhone/iPod docking station. Can be converted to a superkingsize double upon request for adult guests.
Bathroom with bath and power-shower over, hand basin and WC.
Garden and Patio
Sunny Cottage has a small, enclosed patio garden to the rear of the cottage, accessed from the kitchen and overlooked by the pretty sun room. The patio garden is fenced with an approx. 1 metre high fence and this separates the patio at Sunny Cottage from the patio garden at the neighbouring property; Cosy Cottage. You can access the patio garden externally via a right of way through the next door property’s patio.
Sunny Cottage is located in a quiet residential area close to the riverbank in the heart of the village. Parking is on the roadside adjacent to the riverbank. There is sufficient space for 2 cars and there are no parking charges. The cottage is approximately 50yds from the roadside, accessed via level pathway.
- Quiet yet central village location, yards from the riverbank and castle
- Warkworth Beach – 3/4 mile walk or drive
- TV with Freeview, DVD and Hi-Fi
- Large library of books, DVD’s, CD’s and games for all ages
- PlayStation 2 with games
- Welcome pack provided, including fresh flowers
- Extensively equipped kitchen
- Coffee/espresso machine
- Top quality pocket sprung mattresses to all beds
- Complimentary use of luxury bathrobes and slippers for adults upon request
- 1 kingsize and 2 full size single beds
- Single beds can be converted to a super-king-size double for adults upon request
- Cot and highchair available upon request
- Pretty, furnished small patio garden
- All bed linen and towels provided
- Complimentary luxury Penhaligan toiletries
- Children’s dressing-up trunk available upon request (subject to availability)
- Dog sitting can be arranged upon request
- Phone for incoming calls and FREE Wi-Fi
- Full gas central heating and wood burning stove (initial supply of logs provided from Oct to Apr)
- up to 3 small and very well-behaved dogs welcome at an additional charge of £20 each, restricted to the ground floor.
- Luxury dog beds available to hire
- Parking close to the cottage
- No smoking in the house
1. Sunny Cottage is fully central heated and is well insulated, warm and cosy. The wood burning stove is not required as a main source of heat but is available to provide additional ambience. A basket of logs will be provided for the wood burning stove only for holidays taken between October and April. Further supplies can be ordered and paid for in advance if required (see option on our on-line booking form), or can be bought locally once you arrive. Alternatively we can make arrangements for a local supplier to deliver to the cottage on a cash-on-delivery basis.
2. We offer the use of luxury bathrobes on a complimentary basis for adults at Sunny Cottage but you need to request them, they will not be provided unless requested. There is no charge. Please indicate if you require them in the space provided on our online booking form or contact us direct.
3. We welcome very well behaved dogs to Sunny Cottage but we do have house-rules for them to ensure that the cottage remains a luxury cottage. They are not permitted upstairs or on the sofas/chairs and may not be left unattended in the cottage without our approval (please call to discuss), we offer a dog sitting service if required. The cottage is not huge, so if you have 3 dogs, we regret we cannot accommodate 3 large dogs, but up to 3 small dogs works well. We will arrange a Care Bond when 3 dogs stay.
Here is a floor plan of Sunny Cottage, to give you an idea of the layout. There is a small, open-plan patio garden to the front of the cottage, with seating, which is not shown. PLEASE NOTE: the rear patio is now enclosed (no longer ‘open-plan’) with a 1 metre high fence and gate.
Click here to view and print an Access Statement for Sunny Cottage. This is a written description of our facilities and services to provide information on accessibility and inform people who may have access needs. A range of information is provided, from car parking provision to bathrooms.
Sunny Cottage has been assessed by VisitEngland and awarded 5 Stars.
Location of Sunny Cottage
View a video of Sunny Cottage
Including fabulous aerial views showing its exact location in Warkworth village and the proximity of the beach and castle.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to email us or call us on 01665 710 700.