- Awaiting Grading
A Pretty Mill Workers Cottage in Gorgeous Otterburn
We’re delighted to welcome Weavers Cottage in Otterburn to our portfolio of luxury holiday cottages. Located in the pretty border village of Otterburn, with lovely views out to the rolling valleys beyond, there are fabulous walks into the beautiful Northumbrian countryside right from the cottage and it’s in a great location for exploring the Northumberland National Park, Kielder Water and Forest and the Dark Skies Observatory. For shopping, the lovely market town of Hexham and historic Corbridge offer a wealth of wonderful independent shops, great restaurants and authentic Northumbrian pubs.
Located in a lovely village, Weavers Cottage is a gorgeous, country retreat for guests looking to completely relax in a serene and tranquil environment. The cottage was named after the weavers who used to work in Otterburn Mill when it was an original working mill as the row of cottages on Bankfoot were built as mill-workers cottages. It is only yards from the gorgeous pub William de Percy and wedding venue Le Petit Chateau. Please read below for more information.
SPECIAL OFFER: 15% off all holidays taken in April and May. Use discount code SPRING15W when booking online or over the phone.
Located on the main road leading into Otterburn, Weavers Cottage is a cosy, country escape in a tranquil setting. With a traditional open range fire in the lounge and a pretty, leafy garden to the rear, the cottage is full of Northumbrian charm whilst being comfortable and romantic in all seasons.
The new wedding venue, Le Petit Chateau, is just a few minutes’ walk from Weavers Cottage which makes it the perfect luxury base to come home to after a celebratory day. It’s also an easy walk in a pair of high heels! There are beautiful walks straight from the cottage around the countryside of Otterburn, ideal for exploring this lush green part of the National Park with its stunning landscape. There are 2 double bedrooms and a family bathroom. There is a cosy lounge and dining room and a pretty kitchen leading out to the rear courtyard and garden area. Whilst the cottage is fully centrally heated, the addition of the open range fire provides a cosy ambience in the cooler months. The kitchen is comprehensively equipped with all the usual appliances. Two small-medium sized dogs are welcome at Weavers Cottage for a small charge of £20 per holiday and there is free wi-fi too.
Step inside – take an HD virtual tour of Weavers Cottage
Click on the image to start and use your mouse to move around the house.
The entrance into Weavers Cottage is into a small entrance hallway with access straight up the stairs or straight into the lounge.
As you step into the cosy lounge you will instantly feel at home. Warm colours and textures make this room so comfortable, so you can put your feet up and truly relax on the comfy sofas. The 3 double-glazed sash windows are south facing and look out onto the valley beyond Otterburn and provide lots of light. There are 2 comfortable sofas which hug the traditional open range fire; a TV with BT Vision and a music system too. A selection of books and board games are provided.
There is a dining table with seating for four.
The kitchen is small but incredibly homely, perfect for preparing a hearty breakfast or a cosy meal in the evening. It has all of the usual appliances including an oven, hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle, dishwasher and toaster. The washing machine is kept in a large walk-in cupboard off the kitchen. The door to the back yard and garden leads from the kitchen.
The stairs leading upstairs are directly from the small entrance hallway. They are the original stairs and quite steep, so may not be suitable for those with impaired mobility. There are also several changes of level on the upstairs landing between the bedrooms and bathroom. Please see the important notes regarding accessibility below.
The master bedroom has a double bed and beautiful south facing views to the open countryside. Fluffy towels, luxury bed linen and a hair dryer are provided.
With a double bed and a pretty little window, there is a lovely cushioned window seat. Fluffy towels, luxury bed linen and a hair dryer are provided.
Full wall of wardrobes, a chest of wicker basket drawers, chair and mirror, this room is the dressing room for both bedrooms as they both don’t have any hanging space. The huge sash window lets in lots of natural light.
There is a bath with a shower attachment to the wall at mid height. WC and wash hand basin with a Velux window for natural light. Complimentary toiletries provided.
Patio and Garden
The rear door from the kitchen leads to a little shared courtyard area, with potted plants and a bench to enjoy the atmosphere – also useful for removing muddy boots after a great walk! The pretty garden is up a few steps, where there is garden seating for 4.
Parking and Outside
Weavers Cottage is located on one of the main roads into Otterburn. There is a pretty front garden overlooking the countryside valley and a patio and garden to the rear. There is one private car parking space to the rear of the property, accessed via the rear garden. An additional car may be parked opposite the cottage in a public parking area.
- Cosy country cottage in the pretty and leafy village of Otterburn, near to the border of Scotland
- Located just a few minutes’ walk from the new luxury wedding venue, Le Petit Chateau and fantastic partner pub, The William de Percy Inn
- Centrally located for exploring the fabulous countryside of the Northumberland National Park, Kielder Park and Reservoir
- Walks straight from your doorstep and the William de Percy bar, pub and restaurant and The Creperie are just a couple of minutes walk away, as well as a well-stocked village store
- 2 double bedrooms sleeping up to 4 people
- Welcome pack provided, including fresh flowers, bread, wine, tea, coffee and milk
- Free wi-fi broadband
- Patio and garden accessible from the kitchen
- 1 private parking space to the rear of the cottage with access to the back garden
- Well-equipped kitchen with all the usual appliances including washing machine, dishwasher, integrated fridge/freezer, oven and hob
- Iron and ironing board
- Stairgate available upon request
- Flat screen TV in the lounge with DVD player and BT Vision
- Fully centrally heated with the addition of a traditional range open fire. An initial basket of logs is provided between Oct and Apr
- There is no cot or highchair but you are welcome to bring your own travel cot and travel highchair
- Up to 2, small-medium sized well behaved dogs welcome, restricted to the ground floor only and as with all our cottages, not permitted on furniture or to be left unattended in the property
- No smoking in the property
- The stairs in the cottage are unusually steep due to the age of the property. Not a problem for most guests, but worth noting for any guests with impaired mobility
- The cottage is located on the main road through Otterburn so some traffic noise can be heard, however the windows are high-quality double glazed, so unless you are particularly sensitive to sound or a very light sleeper, you probably won’t notice it.
- The bathroom is compact and there is a sloping ceiling over the bath area. There is a shower attachment to the bath fitted half-height up the wall, meaning you cannot stand up to have a shower, but you do not have to use the attachment by hand.
A floor plan will soon be available along with a 3D tour of Weavers Cottage. If you have any queries about the layout of Weavers Cottage, please don’t hesitate to email us or telephone 01665 710700.
There will soon be an access statement available for Weavers Cottage. In the meantime, if you have any queries about the accessibility of the cottage please don’t hesitate to email us or telephone 01665 710700.
Weaver’s Cottage is new to our collection and is due to be graded by Visit England in May/June 2017. It is already furnished and equipped to a minimum 4 star standard.
Location of Weavers Cottage
Weddings in Otterburn
Weavers Cottage is located just a short stroll from the renowned wedding venue Le Petit Chateau, so if you’re looking for luxury holiday cottage accommodation in Otterburn when attending a wedding there, we have the perfect accommodation for you. The cottage is only 350 yards from Le Petit Chateau so not too much walking for ladies in heels! If you are part of a larger party, we also have The Barns, sleeping up to 5, which is also gorgeous and similarly just a very short stroll from La Petit Chateau.
Reviews and Guest Feedback
Weaver’s Cottage is new to our collection and doesn’t have any feedback from guests just yet. The first guests will be staying from the end of September, so check back soon to read feedback from their stay by clicking HERE.