Bundles of Character
This is a prettym period cottage, extremely cosy with bundles of character. We've lost track of the number of guests who've said they just didn't want to leave at the end of their holiday! Although it's central to the village, it's in a very quiet spot and you can quite often only hear the birdsong and the distant chiming of the church bells to remind you that you're in a quintessentially English village.
Awarded 5 Stars in Visit Britain's 'Quality in Tourism' scheme. Sleeps up to 4 in 2 bedrooms. Up to 2 well behaved dogs welcome for a small additional charge of £20 each.
Entrance hall off private courtyard garden. Cosy lounge with original inglenook fireplace housing a woodburning stove, flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD, Hi-Fi, library of books, videos and CD’s. Toys and games. Phone for incoming calls only. PlayStation 2 with games.
Small pretty sun room overlooking a patio garden. Large kitchen/dining room with electric fan-assisted oven, gas hob, microwave, large fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and coffee-maker. Door to furnished patio garden (open plan with next door cottage). Cloakroom with WC & hand basin.
Bright and spacious room with dual aspect windows and a view of the castle. Kingsize iron bedstead with luxury pocketsprung mattress and luxury bedlinen and towels. A cot can be placed in this bedroom upon request. Luxury bathrobes and slippers are available on a complimentary basis for adult guests upon request.
IPod/iPhone/MP3 docking station/clock radio/music system. TV with DVD player.
Sunny room with dual aspect windows and a view of the castle. 2 single beds with luxury pocketsprung mattresses. Clock radio/iPhone/iPod docking station. Can be converted to a superkingsize double upon request for adult guests.
Bathroom with bath, power-shower over the bath, wash hand basin and WC. The landing connects all rooms upstairs.
- Quiet yet central village location, yards from the riverbank and castle
- Warkworth Beach - 3/4 mile walk or drive
- TV with Freeview, DVD and Hi-Fi
- Large library of books, DVD's, CD's and games for all ages
- PlayStation 2 with games
- Welcome pack provided, including fresh flowers
- Extensively equipped kitchen
- Coffee/espresso machine
- Top quality pocket sprung mattresses to all beds
- Complimentary use of luxury bathrobes and slippers for adults upon request
- 1 kingsize and 2 full size single beds
- Single beds can be converted to a superkingsize double for adults upon request
- Cot and highchair available upon request
- Pretty, furnished small patio garden, open plan to adjacent cottage
- All luxury bed linen and towels provided
- Complimentary luxury Penhaligan toiletries
- Children's dressing-up trunk available upon request (subject to availability)
- Babysitting and dogsitting can be arranged upon request
- Phone for incoming calls and FREE Wi-Fi
- Full gas central heating and wood burning stove (initial supply of logs provided from Oct to Apr)
- up to 2 very well-behaved dogs welcome at an additional charge of £20 each
- Luxury dog beds available to hire
- Parking close to the cottage
- No smoking in the house
Here is a floor plan of Sunny Cottage, to give you an idea of the layout. There is a small open plan garden to the front of the cottage which is not shown:
Sunny Cottage is located in a quiet residential area close to the riverbank in the heart of the village. Parking is on the roadside adjacent to the riverbank. There is sufficient space for 2 cars and there are no parking charges. The cottage is approximately 50yds from the roadside, accessed via level pathway.
Sunny Cottage has been assessed by VisitEngland and awarded 5 Stars.
Where exactly IS Sunny Cottage?
Click here for a map and directions for this cottage. You can zoom in and out of the map with your mousewheel or the slider control. You can pan around the map by dragging with your left mouse button. Enter your home postcode in the 'A' box at the top left to display the distance from your home to the cottage and directions for the journey.
Click here to view and print an Access Statement for Sunny Cottage. This is a written description of our facilities and services to provide information on accessibility and inform people who may have access needs. A range of information is provided, from car parking provision to bathrooms.
Need this information in printed form?
Click here to print a brochure on Sunny Cottage.
1. Sunny Cottage is fully central heated and is well insulated, warm and cosy. The wood burning stove is not required as a main source of heat but is available to provide additional ambience. A basket of logs will be provided for the wood burning stove only for holidays taken between October and April. Further supplies can be ordered and paid for in advance if required (see option on our on-line booking form), or can be bought locally once you arrive. Alternatively we can make arrangements for a local supplier to deliver to the cottage on a cash-on-delivery basis.
2. The rear patio area is open plan to the holiday cottage next door which is not always occupied. If you have a dog and you wish it to wander free there, you will need to check, after arrival, with the holiday guests at this cottage that they are happy for you to do this. This neighbouring cottage is not part of Coquet Cottages. We are planning to erect a low fence between the two patio areas in late January 2014.
3. We offer the use of luxury bathrobes on a complimentary basis for adults at Sunny Cottage but you need to request them, they will not be provided unless requested. There is no charge. Please indicate if you require them in the space provided on our online booking form or contact us direct.